An ultra-Orthodox lawmaker said women who convert to Judaism through the Israel Defense Forces’ conversion program are considered shiksas, using a pejorative term for non-Jewish women.
Opposition leader Yair Lapid called the statement “ignorant and sad.”
“These wonderful young women that you call shiksas are saving your life,” he tweeted.
#israel #Knesset #jewish #IDF #soldiers #bigotry #BeKind #conversion
Being critical of the Israeli Government does not make me antisemitic.
I’ll say it again for those at the back or those who continue to harass me and say the most ignorant and hurtful things.
Calling out the Israeli Government and the IDF for what they’re doing does not make me antisemitic.
- No I am not a Nazi or someone who wants Jews to be eradicated.
- I have never called for the world to be “judenrein”.
- I have never championed for all Jews to be murdered.
- I have never called for “ethnic cleansing”.
- I have never stated that I want all Jews to be slaughtered and not to have access to “holy places” in Israel.
- I can’t stand by silently when someone cannot differentiate between the two.
These are just a few things I’ve been accused of this past 48 hours. The list goes on.
#Israel #Palestine #Antisemitism #peace #Zionists #IDF #Government #leadership #stop #SpeakUp #silence #strongertogether #humanrights #Gaza